Step Up Your BBQ Game With These Bacon-Wrapped Meatballs
Lifestyle| | By Ryan Miller
It’s summer and that means it’s barbecue season! And this year, it’s going to be more memorable than ever before when your guests sink their teeth into these mouth-watering bacon-wrapped meatballs. (Don’t drool on your keyboard.)
Be prepared for a delicious new summer BBQ staple. You’re going to love them. Your guests are going to love them. They’re so good, we’re certain it’ll turn your vegan friends back to the carnivorous side.
Here’s what you need:
2 yellow onions (or as many as you think you’ll need)
1 lb. ground beef
1/4 cup onions, diced
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. spicy ketchup
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 pack of bacon
1 bottle of BBQ sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F.
2.Cut off the tops and bottoms of the onions and remove the exterior skin. Cut the onion in half and begin peeling the layers apart. Keep the biggest layers to stuff with the meatballs.
3.Mix the ground beef, diced onion, mushrooms, brown sugar, parsley, and all the condiments in a large mixing bowl by hand.
4. Place a handful of the meatloaf inside two of the onion halves as in the picture.
5. Wrap the onion meatballs with 3 strips of bacon each. Use toothpicks to secure the bacon so it doesn’t unravel while baking.
6. Bake in a dish at 425°F for 40 minutes. Remove and baste each meatball with BBQ sauce. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
7. Remove, let cool, then enjoy this sweet, savory BBQ treat!
You’re welcome, America.