Husband Reminds Wife Suffering From Depression Why She’s Amazing With Touching Gesture
Lifestyle| | By Brian Delpozo
A California woman suffering from depression recently took to Imgur to share an inspiring message her husband had written her.
In Molly Murphy’s own words describing her issues, “I’ve been juggling a lot lately. Trying to do well at work. Just got married. Couldn’t afford a wedding. Family is sparse. Falling out with friends, yaddadyadda.” The pressure was building up.
After a particularly grueling day, where Murphy , exhausted from a recent trip, she received an unexpected surprise from her husband.
According to Murphy, “Today when I came home from a trip to SF, I flopped onto my bed in tears. I looked to my left, and saw these words painted all across my mirror. I think he wanted me to remember how much he loves me. Because he knows how quickly I forget. He knows I struggle to see good in the world, and especially the good in myself. But here it is.”
The list Murphy’s referring to, written across her mirror by her husband, said:
- She’s my best friend.
- She never quits on herself or me.
- She gives me time to work on my crazy projects.
- She makes me laugh, everyday.
- She is gorgeous.
- She accepts the crazy person I am.
- She’s the kindest person I know.
- She’s got a beautiful singing voice.
- She’s gone to a strip club with me.
- She has experienced severe tragedy yet is the most optimistic person about humanity I know.
- She has been fully supportive about my career choices and followed me each time.
- Without realizing it, she makes me want to do more for her than I have ever wanted to do for anyone.
- She’s done an amazing job at advancing her career path.
- Small animals make her cry.
- She snorts when she laughs.
The touching gesture clearly meant the world to Murphy and serves as a reminder that even the smallest gestures to someone depressed or unhappy can mean the world to them.