Heartbreak After Michael Buble Performs for ‘Children in Need’

Music

 |  | By 

Advertisement

Courtesy of WENN Newsdesk

Viewers of Children in Need were left heartbroken after Michael Buble performed weeks after his son’s cancer diagnosis.

The singer and his wife Luisana Lopilato confirmed earlier this month that their three-year-old son Noah is battling cancer.

The couple released a statement saying they would be “putting their careers on hold” while their little boy received treatment in the U.S., with Buble reportedly vowing to not sing again until his son had beaten the disease.

Advertisement

However, the Canadian crooner made one last appearance on televised charity fundraiser Children in Need on Friday, with a pre-recorded performance of the Beach Boys’ hit “God Only Knows.”

The 41-year-old filmed the segment for the children’s charity back in October, before his son was diagnosed with cancer.

Introducing Buble’s performance, hosts Rochelle and Marvin Humes touched upon the devastating health news faced by the family. “We thank you so much and of course our thoughts are with you at this difficult time for you and your family,” Rochelle said.

Speaking before he sang the haunting track, Buble said to the camera, “Hey everybody, it’s Michael Bublé and I’m delighted to be part of this year’s Children In Need.”

Viewers were left heartbroken after his haunting performance, with many sending him messages of support on Twitter. “I have gained the upmost respect for Michael Buble after watching his performance, knowing the trauma his family is facing,” wrote one.

“Crying at Buble singing God Only Knows for #ChildrenInNeed after all that’s happened to him over the past few weeks. Great man,” posted another.

This year’s televised fundraiser has raised more than $56.6 million so far for Children in Need.

Advertisement

Share This Story On Facebook